CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Mittwoch, 12. Mai 2010

Do you need a Doctor’s Certificate?

I’ve just been to the doctor & just before I left he asked if I needed a medical certificate for work.  “No” I replied, “I’m a housewife & don’t think my husband would require me to have a medical certificate for not being able to do my chores today.”

image

His response was astounding… I sat amazed as he told me this story:

Not so long ago the doctor had a patient who was ill. Knowing she was a housewife he jokingly asked if she needed a medical certificate. “Yes please give me a sick note so I don’t need to mow the Lawn today” she replied. Thinking she was joking he played along & gave her a sick note.

Later that day a very angry husband phoned him asking how dare he give his wife a sick note because she was supposed to mow the lawn that day. The doctor thought he was playing along with the joke & laughed. Much to his surprise the husband got more angry until finally he realised this husband was not joking. They had their allocated jobs & his wife’s job was mowing the lawn & he was furious because she couldn’t mow the lawn that day.

I drove home wondering what that husband would have done if his wife had to have an operation. Who would do her chores during her recovery? Would that marriage have ended up in divorce because the wife wasn’t able to do her “job”? Since when are chores more important than a spouse’s health?

H4

This made me once again realize what a stunning husband I have. Thank you Schatzi for being a one-in-a-million hubby… for supporting me through 3 operations & months of recovery last year… for coming home after a long day at work & still helping me with my household chores, just because my body just won’t cooperate… After almost 18 years of marriage you still treats me like your queen. Thank you for that.

L10

WIVES, if you are fortunate enough to have a one-in-a-million hubby that supports you no matter what… appreciate them & HUSBANDS if your wife needs a sick note for not being able to do her chores, SHAME ON YOU!