CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Montag, 17. Mai 2010

Too young for this.

Darn it, I’m much too young to feel like such an old lady. How am I going to get my body to cooperate & do what I want it to do? At this point in time I’m ready to trade it in for a new model… any ideas where I can find a New Body Shop?

Most of you will know, I’ve been through the mill with my health last year with lots of pain & 3 operations followed by rehab to get the muscles strengthened & flexible again. I was hoping that this year I would be fully recovered…

The good news is that my back’s recovering nicely from the operation last year & the prosthetic disc wasn’t harmed during my fall in February.

An_X_Ray_Of_The_Human_Cervical_Vertebrae_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_090830-194075-279042

The bad news however, is that I have a protruded disc & damaged vertebrae in my neck pinching a nerve and causing much pain & numbness in the hands, making even the most mundane tasks like cooking & washing painful. I was hoping that I wouldn’t have to see any more hospitals any time soon, but it seems that I’ll have no alternative but to have the vertebrae fused back into it’s place so it can stop moving & causing havoc with the nerve.

Surgical_Operation_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_090630-235371-034048

My physiotherapist & biokeneticist both agreed that there is unfortunately no alternative solution for my neck problem. I thought I could postpone this op indefinitely but unfortunately, with the right hand now also starting to become affected, & headaches more frequent, it seems I have no choice lest I loose the function of my hands. I have therefore been scheduled for a disc removal & fusion on 8th June at Flora Clinic & will be out of action for a few weeks again. However, if all goes well, Mom’s taxi should be able to run as normal again after the school holidays.

Praying Girl

I pray for a speedy recovery & that this time it really will be the last operation for the rest of my life…